Serena is a Consultant for Spring Impact, leading and supporting on the delivery of projects, both national and international across a range of sectors.
Serena joined Spring Impact in 2016 from Endeavor, a global non-profit that supports high-impact entrepreneurship in emerging markets. She worked for Endeavor’s Investor Network in San Francisco, helping to build an online platform connecting entrepreneurs to globally minded investors.
Since joining Spring Impact, Serena has worked with Marie Stopes Zambia to re-design its adolescent initiative and take it to a national scale. Serena also spent three months in Zambia supporting Marie Stopes Zambia to initiate a pilot of the replication model.
Her other previous projects include working with the Success for All Foundation in developing and systemising a strategy for scaling its innovative tutoring program across the United States; Sistema Biobolsa in creating a replication model to take the social enterprise to an international scale; and Lava Mae in designing and systemising a branch model for domestic replication.
Prior to working with Endeavor in San Francisco, Serena worked at the organisation’s Buenos Aires office, where she conducted due diligence on successful Argentine companies to provide insights for use throughout Endeavor’s selection process. Serena has also interned at ONG Acción Emprendedora, a small business development non-profit in Santiago, Chile.
Areas of Interest:
- Public health systems strengthening
- Entrepreneurship & scaling business in South America
- Sexual and reproductive rights and family planning
- Financial inclusion in emerging markets
Education & Qualifications:
- Magna cum laude, Princeton University with a BA in Economics and a certificate in Political Economy.
Other Known Languages:
Spanish fluency (spoken & written)
- Marie Stopes Zambia – determining alternative approaches to scaling their adolescent sexual and reproductive health programming, and supporting in piloting the replication model we built out.
- PSI India – identifying key lessons learned from an innovative cervical cancer prevention initiative to share with and inform the broader sector.
Connect with Serena on Linkedin