Our US team is looking for a Senior Consultant to help shape the future of our organization and work in deep partnership with our incredible nonprofit, social enterprise, and funder clients.
About Spring Impact
Spring Impact is a nonprofit consulting firm that helps mission-driven organizations scale impact to the size of societal problems. As a LGBTQ- BIPOC-led nonprofit, we are deeply committed to equitable impact. We specialize in helping our clients create solutions and scaling models that are validated through lean experimentation, and co-designed with their communities.
Our Lean Innovation practice was established in partnership with Ann Mei Chang, author of Lean Impact: How to Innovate for Radically Greater Social Good. We practice what we preach and constantly iterate to improve our consulting methodology and approach.
About the Role
You will join our dynamic US team of full-time staff and part-time senior advisors (see bios here). You will also collaborate with colleagues based in our UK office.
You will work on several projects at once across sectors including reproductive justice, racial equity, job creation, climate justice, houselessness, and early childhood education. You will be trained in our Lean Innovation methodology and have the opportunity to contribute your unique skillsets as we continue to deepen our approach.
You will work in two or three person teams to deliver projects through a mix of consulting, coaching, and training. As a senior consultant, you will collaborate with a senior advisor, managing consultant, or director to:
- Prepare and facilitate workshops with partners
- Shape the strategic direction of projects and make recommendations to our clients
- Develop and deepen client relationships, including acting as the main point of contact for clients during project delivery
- Creatively build experiments and minimum viable products that help clients test their ideas in the real world
- Conduct interviews and focus groups with clients and stakeholders
- Lead user research, co-creation sessions, and focus groups target communities and constituencies
- Design interim and final deliverables including reports, presentations, and financial models
- Creatively and proactively problem-solve when partners experience obstacles in their lean experimentation or strategy development
- Coordinate the client-facing team, including managing any outside contractors and supporting effective director/managing consultant engagement
- Lead codification of project learnings, including debriefing lessons learned and suggesting improvements to our methodology and approach
- Manage project delivery to schedule, budget, and quality
Beyond working with our partners, there is the opportunity to contribute to internal activities and thought leadership including:
- Contributing to proposals for new and existing clients, including developing scopes of work and budgets
- Refining our methodology and consulting offers
- Creating case studies, articles, presentations for conferences and other thought leadership
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Have a bias for action and willingness to try new things
- Enjoy facilitating and presenting
- Are comfortable challenging others to expand their viewpoint or consider other perspectives
- Enjoy synthesizing complex information and making recommendations on the path forward
- Are driven to create equitable social impact
Location and Travel
This role must be based in California. Spring Impact is currently a remote workplace. The team meets in-person quarterly and this role has the opportunity for occasional travel to client sites (nationally and internationally).
The salary range for this position is $80,000-85,000. In addition to a flexible and remote working culture, all full-time Spring Impact team members also benefit from:
- Annual personal development budget of $2,000
- 20 days of paid vacation, 8 days of paid floating holidays, and 6 days of paid sick time accrued each year
- Retirement plan with 6% contribution from Spring Impact, beginning after a 6-month waiting period
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 3 month fully-paid parental leave, increasing by one month for every year of employment, up to a maximum of six months
- 4 December 2022, 11:59pm PST
Spring Impact’s Commitment to Inclusion
Spring Impact is an equal opportunity employer. The impact of our work is strongest when our team has a variety of experience, expertise, and insights to draw from. We are committed to building an inclusive team and strongly encourage BIPOC, women, nonbinary people, LGBTQIA+ people, persons with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply. We take our responsibility to cultivate a culture of inclusion and justice at Spring Impact very seriously, and implement practices like our flexible working schedule (for those who may have caring responsibilities), de-biased hiring platform, and organization-wide involvement in DEIJ (diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice) workshops.