Spring Impact is a global nonprofit supporting the world’s most ambitious social purpose organisations to solve big problems. We partner with teams who are doing truly transformative work but are frustrated that they could be reaching many more people. We support these organisations through a mix of consulting, coaching and training.
Over the last ten years, we’ve worked with over 250 organisations across the world, and we’ve learnt a lot about what it takes to scale social innovations, and are confident in the tried-and-tested approach we’ve developed to partnering others on their journey.
Our staff draw on their lived experience, and their professional experiences from across the social sector, to deliver this approach. We’ve got plans to grow further and are looking to add experience and new perspectives as we do so. We are committed to ensuring that Spring Impact is representative of our society at large, and is an inclusive environment for all, regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and socioeconomic background.
About the role
Our communications approach aims to equip more mission-driven organisations, leaders, and funders with the knowledge and ability to scale their social impact. We have a number of exciting ongoing projects, including new upcoming programmes and courses supporting nonprofit organisations to scale up their impact, a successful podcast in conversation with leaders across the world, and an open-source Toolkit making our resources and methods accessible to all.
You will work closely with our Marketing and Communications Manager, as well as in collaboration with our team of consultants, to support the implementation of our marketing and communications activities. Your role will primarily be focused on:
- Coordinating the end-to-end delivery of marketing and communications campaigns for our programmes and thought leadership content (i.e podcast, blogs, funder-advocacy activities)
- Developing and delivering email marketing campaigns promoting our services, programmes, and insights
- Leading on our social media strategy, monitoring trends and creating and scheduling social media posts (including visual assets)
- Supporting with webinar and events logistics, promotion, and admin
- Supporting with content development, drafting copy, blogs and case studies
- Gathering audience insights, through desk-based research, surveys, conversations with various stakeholders. Conducting desk-based research into relevant conferences, events, publications.
- Supporting with reporting on marketing performance using tools as such Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and social media analytics (Twitter and LinkedIn)
You will have the opportunity to make an active contribution to the marketing and communications strategy, build your skills and capacity in areas of interest, and learn about best practices in scaling up social impact.
Essential skills (to be assessed throughout the application process):
- Knowledge of digital marketing trends and platforms (including social media and email marketing)
- An understanding of how to tailor communication to different audiences
- Writing and editing skills
- Market research and analysis
- Project Coordination
- Prioritisation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Like everyone else on the team, you’ll benefit from:
- Flexible approach to working and home-working
- Three-months fully-paid maternity leave on successful completion of probation, increasing by one month for every year of service, up to a maximum of six months
- Three-months fully-paid paternity leave, with the option to take a further nine months unpaid leave
- 25 days holiday
- Personal training budget equivalent to 3% of salary
- Mental health support, including access to therapy and counselling, via Spill
- Salary: £30,721 – £33,166 (pro-rata)
- Location: London (Southwark) – The post holder will be expected to spend a minimum of one day per week in the London office, and to be available for occasional additional travel within the UK. We actively support flexible and home working.
- Closing: 5:00pm, 5th Aug 2022 BST
Online interviews will be held 17-19 August 2022.
If you are offered the role, you will have the opportunity to have an informal conversation with a current team member to help you decide whether the role is right for you. (We don’t offer this opportunity at an earlier stage to ensure that no candidates are advantaged during the interview stage).