Do you want to support us to scale up solutions to the world’s most pressing social needs? Interested in working in an innovative, flexible and dynamic team? We are looking for a Consultant to join our UK team.
Spring Impact is supporting the world’s most ambitious social purpose organisations to solve big problems. We partner with teams who are doing truly transformative work but are frustrated that they could be reaching many more people. We support these organisations through a mix of consulting, coaching and training.
Over the last ten years we’ve learnt a lot about what it takes to scale social innovations , and are confident in the tried-and-tested approach we’ve developed to partnering others on their journey .
Our staff draw on their lived experience, and their professional experiences from across the social sector, to deliver this approach. We’ve got plans to grow further and are looking to add experience and new perspectives as we do so. We are committed to ensuring that Spring Impact is representative of our society at large, and is an inclusive environment for all, regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and socioeconomic background.
About the role
Primarily, Consultants work in project teams, led by a Senior Consultant or Managing Consultant, to:
- Contribute, through analysis and critical thinking, to shaping the strategic direction of projects and recommendations to partners
- Prepare and facilitate sections of workshops with partners (eg. charities, social enterprises, foundations)
- Draft reports and presentations for partners and internal use
- Develop financial models (you will be trained to do this!)
- Conduct desk-based research, interviews and focus groups with partners, stakeholders and their beneficiaries
- Coordinate project logistics
Beyond working with our partners, there is the opportunity to contribute to internal activities such as:
- Improving our Monitoring & Evaluation, developing our external communications or updating our methodology
- Developing proposals for new and existing clients
- Writing blogs or attending conferences
Your first six months
You will learn about our approach to working with others, and creating impact at scale, through a mix of team-led training, project-shadowing and self-directed study.
Within the first two weeks, you’ll be introduced to clients and begin to support internal teams to deliver consulting, coaching and training. You will work on a mix of UK- and internationally-focused projects, supporting a diverse portfolio of clients to navigate challenges on their journeys to scale.
Like everyone else on the team, you’ll benefit from:
- A flexible approach to working and home-working
- Three-months fully-paid maternity leave on successful completion of probation, increasing by one month for every year of service, up to a maximum of six months
- Three-months fully-paid paternity leave, with the option to take a further nine months unpaid leave
- 25 days holiday
- A personal training budget equivalent to 3% of salary
- Mental health support, including access to therapy and counselling, via Spill
Salary: £30,721 – £33,166
Location: London (Southwark) – The post holder will be expected to spend a minimum of one day per week in the London office, and to be available for occasional additional travel within the UK. We actively support flexible and home working.
Closing: 11:59pm, 23rd Jan 2022 GMT
Online interviews will be held 31st January – 2nd February 2022.
If you are offered the role, you will have the opportunity to have an informal conversation with a current Consultant to help you decide whether the role is right for you. (We don’t offer this opportunity at an earlier stage to ensure that no candidates are advantaged during the interview stage).