Do you want to support us to scale up solutions to the world’s most pressing social needs? Interested in working in an innovative, flexible and dynamic team? We’re looking for someone to join our consulting team in the UK office.
Spring Impact is an organisation with a bold social mission.
We work with social impact projects around the world that are doing truly transformative work, developing the plans, the systems and the processes they need in order to become scalable and reach many more people.
Spring Impact is a registered charity, but one that operates with bags of entrepreneurial drive. We are innovative, imaginative and highly skilled in doing a lot with a little. The team you will be joining are an exceptional bunch who have been drawn from highly successful careers in a variety of fields and who have chosen to focus their talents on scaling social impact.
We are looking for someone to join our dynamic and growing UK consultancy team as a Consultant. As a Consultant, you will proactively support our Senior Consultants and Managing Consultants to ensure effective engagement with clients. You will work across a diverse portfolio of mainly national and some international projects, across sectors from healthcare and homelessness to education and humanitarian aid; typically working on 3-4 client projects at once.
As we work collaboratively with our clients and really take the time to get to know them; you will have the opportunity to travel across the UK and internationally to meet them wherever they are based. However, due to Covid-19 we have suspended all national and international travel and have been working remotely since March. This is subject to continuous review as government guidelines and as the situation around Covid-19 changes. As part of the client team, you will apply your critical thinking and problem-solving skills to help our clients determine how they can best scale their impact.
You will be confident in taking responsibility for your own work and communicating complex information, and will be driven by the opportunity to learn and develop within the role.
- Work in project teams alongside a Spring Impact Senior Consultant or Managing Consultant. Consultants typically:
- Contribute to shaping the strategic direction of projects and recommendations to clients
- Prepare and facilitate sections of workshops with clients
- Draft reports and other deliverables for clients and internal use
- Develop financial models
- Provide analysis of information to serve project objectives and outcomes
- Conduct some desk-based research, interviews and focus groups with clients, stakeholders and their beneficiaries
- Coordinate project logistics
- Work independently to produce materials such as reports and presentations for clients and other staff members
- Support with internal activities that contribute to Spring Impact’s overall mission and strategy:
- Contribute to the development of the organisation by participating in internal projects such as improving our Monitoring & Evaluation, developing our external communications or updating our methodology
- Develop proposals for new and existing clients
- Write blogs or attend conferences
- Provide organisational support as a member of the Spring Impact team, including some administrative tasks
Full Consultant JD linked here: Spring Impact_Consultant_JD and PS_Sept 2020 (1)
- Salary: starting at £26,700 per annum. Salary may be negotiable dependent on previous consultancy experience
- Work location is Finsbury Square, London with the potential for international travel.
- Starting from November 2020
- You will need existing permission to work in the UK
Deadline and Interview Dates
Deadline for application: 5 pm, Wednesday, 7th October 2020. We will review applications as they are submitted and, for exceptional candidates, consider offering earlier interview dates. We may therefore choose to make an appointment before this application window closes.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a telephone interview, taking place during the week commencing 12th October 2020.
A smaller shortlist will then be invited to a final interview, taking place during week commencing 19th October 2020.
Safer Recruitment Practices for COVID-19
We know there are many challenges with recruiting staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. Being unable to meet candidates in person, needing to recruit new staff in a timely manner presents its own challenges. Spring Impact have adjusted its recruitment practices to ensure the safety of candidates and our staff whilst adhering to Government guidelines. To keep you fully updated throughout the recruitment process, we will:
- Continue to accept applications submitted to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address
- Notify shortlisted candidates of interview or assessments via email or telephone
- Arrange interview using appropriate technology – primarily Zoom
- Notify successful candidate by telephone with confirmation email
However, in the event that it is possible and desirable to do this interview face to face, in order to ensure that candidates face no barriers to attending interview, Spring Impact will reimburse the train fare of anyone travelling from outside of London.
Because we understand that an office-based 9-to-5 will not suit everyone, staff at Spring Impact are encouraged to make use of our generous flexible working policy. Wherever possible we aim to give each person responsibility to choose when and where they work, and to find the right balance between office-based and home working. We are also happy to discuss further accommodations you may require to fulfil this role.
Spring Impact understands that in order to provide the best possible advice to our diverse client base across a wide range of sectors, we are strongest when our team has a variety of experience, expertise, and insights to draw from. For us, diversity isn’t merely a strategy: it’s an essential part of our organisational success. We are committed to ensuring that Spring Impact is representative of our society at large, and is an inclusive environment for all, regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and socioeconomic background.
To Make An Application
To make an application please email your written application, using the subject line ‘UK – Consultant’ to email@example.com.
The written application should include:
- An email / cover note, detailing:
- Which role you are applying for
- How you heard about the job
- When you would be available to start
- Details of two referees – please note that references would only be taken up immediately ahead of an offer being made and with your prior knowledge
- A supporting statement of no more than two pages, demonstrating:
- Your understanding of Spring Impact’s mission and what, therefore, attracts you to the organisation
- The respects in which your skills, knowledge and experience are a good fit for the role, with specific reference to the Job Description and Person Specification attached
- The Person Specification outlines which criteria will be assessed at each stage of the recruitment process
Please note that as Spring Impact is committed to diversity, we aim to keep our recruitment processes as fair and open as possible. We are therefore unable to meet with potential candidates before interview. If you have any questions about specific elements of the application process, please direct your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.