We deeply value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity and representation within our team, and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Do you want to work as part of an innovative and evolving organization with a mission to scale up the best solutions to the world’s most pressing social needs? Are you interested in working in an innovative, flexible and dynamic team? If so, Spring Impact may be the place for you.
Spring Impact is an organization with a bold vision: a world where social problems are addressed at scale. We help social impact organizations around the world that are doing truly transformative work (see a list here) to reach more people and places.
We’re seeking an Office Manager to join our US team, a distributed but close-knit group of highly skilled professionals who have chosen to focus their talents on scaling social impact. While our main US operation is located in San Francisco, this position manages the “virtual” office that encompasses the CA-based and remote team members located across the US. This position is open to any location within the US.
The right candidate is an enthusiastic and proactive self-starter who is excited to help our US operation to increase productivity and remove distractions, enabling us to better serve our partners. The position requires an experienced professional who is reliable and organized, and can shape one’s own workflow and priorities based on required outcomes. We’re seeking someone who is up to the challenge of paving the way, as the Office Manager for the organization.
As the US Office Manager, you will be a leading part of Spring Impact’s core operational function. Your main goal is to increase the effectiveness of the US operation by improving the quality, productivity, and efficiency of the client-facing delivery team and leadership. You will be responsible for critical aspects of administration, executive and board support, and talent management. This is a newly established position requiring a strategic mindset, ability to work autonomously, and an interest in shaping the role over time. Key responsibilities include:
Administration (~40% to start)
- Developing and implementing office policies and procedures, as needed. Including but not limited to:
- Overseeing general office operations and office space management (liaising with property and suite managers, ensuring rent payment, inventory & supply management).
- Removing internal operational project management barriers to the consulting team in focusing on external client delivery.
Board and Leadership support (~40% to start)
- Steering internal business cycles, including but not limited to:
- Producing management-level reports and inputs on Spring Impact’s business systems and tracking tools.
- Board-level management responsibilities, including board meeting prepraration, logistics and support, and managing access to tools and support materials for board members
- Identifying and addressing problems and opportunities for the organization’s growth
- Ensuring wider team and organizational compliance, such as ensuring all legal documents are in good standing and compliance with travel safety considerations.
- Calendar management for Senior Leadership and executive support functions.
- Coordinating domestic and international travel, including flights and accommodation.
Vendor and Communications support (~10% to start)
- Building vendor partnerships and serving as a primary point of contact for Spring Impact vendors (e.g. HR admin, payroll and accounting, office space vendors)
- Composing correspondence and providing a critical eye/review support for externally-facing content in partnership with our internal marketing team and vendors.
- Representing the organization externally as potential first point of contact for prospective clients, partners, and vendors.
Talent (~10% to start)
- Liaising and building trusting relationships across the US, UK, and global administrative/finance teams. Including but not limited to:
- Planning and executing the organization’s company retreat and other periodic organizational events.
- Planning and stewarding team culture building activities and social events.
- Promoting company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Stewarding recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Steering regular US-based operational processes, such as the annual appraisal cycle.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Administrative and/or office management experience
- Ability to work autonomously while achieving outcomes
- Effective communication skills
- Time management
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Personal drive and ability to take initiative
- Use of MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience desired
- Personal commitment to the social sector a must, personal experience in the sector a plus!
- This is a full-time position open to anywhere in the US, with occasional travel required (5-10%)
- August start date preferred
- You will need existing permission to work in the US
- Seeking an experienced administrative professional. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
WORKING AT SPRING IMPACT
We are a small but dynamic and growing organization. Our people are our most valuable asset so we are committed to making Spring Impact a great place to work. Full-time employee benefits include participation in medical and dental insurance, retirement, and commuter benefits programs. We have flexible working policies and value the importance of work-life balance, invest in social events, foster an informal work environment and are committed to our team’s professional and personal development, which includes individual training budgets.
DEADLINE AND ANTICIPATED INTERVIEW DATES
Deadline for application: Friday July 3 5:00pm PT
Phone screenings: Week of July 13
First round interviews: Week of July 20
Final round interviews: Week of July 27
Preferred start date: August 2020
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Manager – US” in the subject line and include your resume, cover letter, confirmation you have permission to work in the US, and potential start date.
No phone calls please. Only those candidates invited for screening will be contacted. Spring Impact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. This policy extends to, but is not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination.