Spring Impact supports some of the world’s leading social sector organisations to scale up their impact. Our goal is to transform how the social sector scales impact, so non-profits and funders have the best chance to reach more people successfully and sustainably. Our team of passionate, smart-thinking consultants work directly with some of the most exciting non-profits and funders to develop the strategies, plans and systems they need to change more lives. Through this, we’re building a field of expertise, collaborating with other leaders in the sector, and sharing our learning and research far and wide, to help create the best possible environment for scaling across the globe.
Building upon all Spring Impact has learnt, we are bringing in a new leader in the UK to drive the organisation further towards achieving its mission. With this hire, we aim to shape the dialogue and actions of the social sector so that more organisations scale up and fewer resources are wasted on reinvention of the wheel.
Job Title: UK Director
Location: London with international travel
Salary: Competitive salary
The UK Director is a new position to drive forward Spring Impact’s work in the UK. They will join a senior management team of other Directors focused on other functions, geographies and issue areas. The new Director will significantly raise Spring Impact’s profile, develop new relationships, drive advocacy and thought leadership, and create business and funding opportunities to support Spring Impact’s growth. They will structure and lead teams to deliver outstanding client work, build and maintain strong client relationships, represent Spring Impact in public settings, serve as a mentor and role model for staff, and work collaboratively with other directors, the CEO and board in setting strategy and leading the organisation. We are seeking a seasoned leader with strong entrepreneurial drive, who thrives on intellectual challenge and “raises the bar” in terms of serving our client’s missions.
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Significant experience working within, or aligned to, the social sector (charities and social enterprises) ideally including international development
- Understanding of some of the key approaches and challenges in successfully scaling social impact
- Extensive experience including serving significant time in senior strategic and operational roles
- Experience in consulting and understanding of the consulting firm business model would be highly advantageous but not essential for the right candidate.
- Experience and success in business development; sales and fundraising with established relationships with philanthropists and non-profit leaders.
- Experience and success in influencing as a thought leader
- Collaborative and engaging with outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and non-profit, and from diverse backgrounds. • Excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and writing capabilities.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate team members and guide client engagements.
Closing date: Monday 2 March
If after reviewing the Appointment Brief you feel you meet the criteria and you would like to have an informal discussion about this role, or you have any queries about the process please contact Børge Andreassen or Suzannah Fazackerley at our retained Consultants Prospectus with a copy of your CV.
For more details or to apply see here.