Spring Impact is looking for a Communications consultant to lead on strategic communications activity in the US, raising awareness of Spring Impact’s work and mission with funders and non-profits who are tackling some of the toughest social problems – from homelessness to food poverty – to increase their impact and reach.
We are looking for a freelance consultant to be engaged for a three-month period initially (around 4 days per month), but with strong potential to transfer to an ongoing retained contract in 2020.
We would expect this role to be based remotely and are happy to consider candidates based outside of the US if able to demonstrate understanding and experience of the US non-profit social sector.
The US Communications Consultant will report into the Director who leads Spring Impact’s Marketing and Communications activity, based in the London office, to ensure all activity supports the overall global positioning and corporate activity. The Consultant will also be expected to have regular contact with Spring Impact’s Global CEO (based in San Francisco) and US Director, as well as Spring Impact’s UK-based Communications Consultant.
• Lead on media profiling and thought leadership activity to promote Spring Impact’s work and mission in the US domestic non-profit market
• Provide support on communications and media profiling activity that supports Spring Impact’s work in international development, working closely with Spring Impact’s UK based Communications consultant
• Establish Spring Impact as a thought leader on scaling social impact, and the go to provider of consultancy services for mission-driven organizations seeking to scale their impact
• Support the business development efforts of the team through growing Spring Impact’s reputation and positively differentiating it in the sector
• Support Spring Impact’s positioning of being positively “disruptive”, engaging the sector in thinking in refreshing new ways about how social issues can be addressed at scale
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND KEY COMPETENCIES
• Ability to write for a range of media (press, digital, promotional literature, case studies, white papers etc)
• Track record of successful media relations across a range of channels and outlets, from trade media to international publications (and ideally relevant contacts)
• Skilled in devising and executing campaigns across multiple platforms, including digital, with consideration for the full suite of communications channels
• Minimum of 5 years in a public relations/marketing communications role (consultancy experience desirable)
• Experience with, and understanding of, Spring Impact’s target audiences
• Evidence of working on communications programmes that deliver directly to business/sales goals
• Collaborating with other communications professionals working in different markets
• Experience of working on communications campaigns with limited resources, thinking creatively about how they can best be leveraged to achieve the communications objectives
• Experience of organising events
• Ideally experience of working with professional services firms
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
• Self starter
• Strategic thinker
• Attention to detail
To express interest in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘US Communications support” in the subject line. We will review applications on an ongoing basis.