Do you want to help scale up solutions to the world’s most pressing social needs? Are you interested in working in an innovative, flexible and dynamic team? We’re seeking a Consultant to join our US office based in San Francisco, CA.
Spring Impact is an organization with a bold social vision: a world where social problems are addressed at scale. We work with socially-focused organizations around the world that are doing truly transformative work (see a list here), developing the strategic plans, systems and processes they need to become scalable and reach many more people.
Spring Impact is a registered non-profit, but one that operates with rigorous methodological and entrepreneurial drive. We are innovative, imaginative and highly skilled in doing a lot with a little.The team you will be joining are an exceptional group, who have chosen to focus their talents on scaling social impact.
As a Consultant, you will proactively support our Senior Consultants and Managing Consultants with high quality analysis to ensure effective engagement with clients. You will work across a diverse portfolio of domestic and international projects across sectors from health to homelessness, education to poverty alleviation—typically working on several client projects at once. As we work collaboratively with our clients and take the time to get to know them, you will have the opportunity to travel to where their operations are located. As part of the client-facing team, you will apply your critical thinking and problem solving skills to help our clients determine how they can best scale their impact.
- Working in project teams alongside a Spring Impact Senior Consultant or Managing Consultant, Consultants typically:
– Prepare and facilitate sections of workshops with clients
– Conduct interviews and focus groups with clients, stakeholders and beneficiaries
– Provide analysis of information to serve project objectives and outcomes
– Draft reports and other deliverables for clients and internal use
– Gather desk-based background research
– Develop financial models
– Coordinate project logistics
- Supporting with internal activities that contribute to Spring Impact’s overall mission and strategy which may include: writing blog posts, developing proposals, and codifying processes
- Providing organizational support as a member of the Spring Impact team, including some administrative tasks
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Critical thinking
- Effective written communication
- Effective verbal communication
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Personal drive and ability to take initiative
- Effective teamwork
- Use of MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Educated to undergraduate degree level
- Prior experience of working in an office environment
- Personal commitment to the social sector
- This is a full-time position located in San Francisco, CA with some international travel (25-30%)
- Mid-September start date preferred
- You will need existing permission to work in the US
- This is junior-level position with 1-2 years of applicable experience preferred
- We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
WORKING AT SPRING IMPACT
We are a small but dynamic and growing organization. Our team are enthusiastic self starters that get involved in all aspects of running our organization; while maintaining their client commitments.
As a consultancy, we work in a fast paced environment, and juggling project deadlines and travel means we are not strict nine to fivers. New team members will be given a lot of client-facing and internal responsibility early on. You can expect interesting and challenging work, as well as support to help you develop and be successful.
Our people are our most valuable asset so we are committed to making Spring Impact a great place to work. Full-time employee benefits include participation in medical and dental insurance, retirement, and commuter benefits programs. We have flexible working policies and value the importance of work-life balance, invest in social events, foster an informal work environment and are committed to our team’s personal development, which includes individual training budgets.
DEADLINE AND INTERVIEW DATES
Deadline for application: Wednesday July 24 5:00pm PT
Phone screenings: Week of July 29
In person interviews: Week of August 12
Final round interviews: Week of August 26
Preferred start date: Mid-September 2019
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Consultant – US” in the subject line and include your resume, cover letter, confirmation you have permission to work in the US, and potential start date.
No phone calls please. Only those candidates invited for screening will be contacted. Spring Impact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. This policy extends to, but is not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination.