Do you want to help scale up solutions to the world’s most pressing social needs? Are you interested in working in an innovative, flexible and dynamic team? We’re seeking a Senior Consultant to join our US office based in San Francisco, CA.
Spring Impact is an organization with a bold social vision: a world where social problems are addressed at scale. We work with socially-focused organizations around the world that are doing truly transformative work (see a list here), developing the strategic plans, systems and processes they need to become scalable and reach many more people.
Spring Impact is a registered non-profit, but one that operates with rigorous methodological and entrepreneurial drive. We are innovative, imaginative and highly skilled in doing a lot with a little. The team you will be joining are an exceptional group, working alongside colleagues based in our London office.
WORKING AT SPRING IMPACT
We are a small but dynamic and growing organization. Our team are enthusiastic self starters that get involved in all aspects of running our organization; whilst maintaining their client commitments.
As a consultancy, we work in a fast paced environment, and juggling project deadlines and travel means we are not strict nine to fivers. New team members will be given a lot of client facing and internal responsibility early on. You can expect interesting and challenging work, as well as support to help you develop and be successful.
Our people are our most valuable asset so we are committed to making Spring Impact a great place to work. We have flexible working policies and value the importance of work-life balance, invest in social events, and foster an informal work environment.
We have a culture of learning and invest in developing our team. This includes weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, individual training budgets, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold annual reviews and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
As a Senior Consultant, you are a trusted and seasoned advisor to our clients. You will lead client relationships and produce high quality analyses and deliverables to ensure their effective engagement. You will manage a diverse portfolio of domestic and international clients across sectors from health to homelessness, education to poverty alleviation – typically working on several projects at once. We work collaboratively with our clients and really take the time to get to know them, which often leads to the opportunity to travel to where their operations are located. As part of the client-facing team, you will apply your critical thinking and problem solving skills to help our clients determine how they can best scale their impact.
- Delivering on consulting projects. Senior Consultants typically:
- Drive analysis and client recommendations at both strategic and operational levels, based on project objectives
- Conduct desk-based background research
- Facilitate workshops with senior clients to make strategic decisions
- Lead day-to-day contact with clients
- Conduct interviews and focus groups with client and stakeholders, including their clients/beneficiaries
- Are responsible for project delivery to schedule, budget, and quality
- Are responsible for project outputs such as presentations, reports, financial models, and other deliverables
- Provide guidance and direction to junior team members (e.g., Consultants) to complete project outputs
- Provide accurate status reports and managing up to Director and Managing Consultants, highlighting project risks and identifying potential solutions
- Develop financial models
- Coordinate project logistics with team members
- Pursuing business development by creating compelling proposals for new clients and follow-on work with existing clients, including structuring activities, budgets, and winning narratives
- Supporting internal initiatives that contribute to Spring Impact’s overall mission and strategy. E.g., a range of activities such as contributing to thought leadership (blog posts, articles, etc), and refining operational processes
- Providing organizational support as a member of the Spring Impact team, including some administrative tasks
- Project management
- Critical thinking
- Effective written and verbal communications
- Adaptability, especially in engaging with busy clients
- Sensitivity to varying the political and cultural environments of different organizations
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail
- Personal drive and ability to take initiative
- Effective and cooperative team member
- Use of MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND PREFERENCES
- Personal commitment to the social sector
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, prefered in Business, Economics, International Relations or a related field
- Experience working in an office environment
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the year, including international
- Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
It is desirable for you to have:
- Workshop facilitation experience
- Previous management or strategic consultancy experience
- Experience in a relevant sector (e.g.. pubic or social) and/or topic (e.g., education, water)
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries
- This is a fulltime mid-level position with 3-5 years of applicable experience preferred
- Work location is San Francisco, CA with some international travel
- February start date preferred
- You will need existing permission to work in the US
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
DEADLINE AND INTERVIEW DATES
Deadline for application: Monday January 28 8:00am PT
Phone screenings: Weeks of January 28 & February 4
In person interviews: Week of February 4 & February 11
Start date: Late February 2019
To apply, email email@example.com with “Senior Consultant – US” in the subject line and include your resume, cover letter, confirmation you have permission to work in the US, and potential start date.