Do you want to support us to scale up solutions to the world’s most pressing social needs? Interested in working in an innovative, flexible and dynamic team? We’re seeking a Consultant to join our UK office. Spring Impact (formerly known as The International Centre for Social Franchising) is an organisation with a bold social mission – our vision is a world where social problems are addressed at scale.
We work with social impact projects around the world that are doing truly transformative work, developing the strategic plans, systems and the processes they need to become scalable and reach many more people. Spring Impact is a registered charity, but one that operates with bags of entrepreneurial drive. We are innovative, imaginative and highly skilled in doing a lot with a little. The team you will be joining are an exceptional bunch who have chosen to focus their talents on scaling social impact.
As a Consultant, you will proactively support our Senior Consultants and Managing Consultants with high-quality analyses to ensure effective engagement with clients. You will work across a diverse portfolio of mainly national and some international projects, across sectors from healthcare and homelessness to education and humanitarian aid; typically working on 3-4 client projects at once. As we work collaboratively with our clients and really take the time to get to know them; you will have the opportunity to travel across the UK and internationally to meet them wherever they are based. As part of the client team, you will apply your critical thinking and problem-solving skills to help our clients determine how they can best scale their impact.
Work in project teams alongside a Spring Impact Senior Consultant or Managing Consultant. Consultants typically:
- Prepare and facilitate sections of workshops with clients
- Conduct interviews and focus groups with clients, stakeholders and their beneficiaries
- Provide analysis of information to serve project objectives and
- Draft reports and other deliverables for clients and internal use
- Gather desk-based background research
- Develop financial models
- Coordinate project logistics
- Support with internal activities that contribute to Spring Impact’s overall mission and strategy which can involve a range of things such as writing blogs, developing proposals and codifying processes
- Provide organisational support as a member of the Spring Impact team, including some administrative tasks
The above role description can be modified to cover more complex tasks/further responsibility, so if you have experience that you think may be helpful, please do let us know.
- Critical thinking
- Effective written communications
- Effective verbal communications
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Personal drive and ability to take initiative
- Effective teamwork
- Use of MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Personal commitment to the social sector
- Salary: Starting at £26,700 per annum. Salary may be negotiable dependent on previous consultancy experience
- Work location is Kings Cross, London, but you will likely be required to travel domestically and internationally for client projects (~25-30%)
- Starting as soon as possible
- You will need existing permission to work in the UK
Deadline and Interview Dates
Deadline for application: Monday 5th November, 8.00am
Phone/Skype interviews: Thursday 15th – Tuesday 20th November
In person interviews: Tuesday 27th– Wednesday 28th November
To Make an Application
To make an application please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following two attached documents:
1. A covering letter that:
• Addresses all the points in the role description and experience required
• Explains why you are the right person for the role
• Outlines where you heard about the job and when you could start
2. An up-to-date CV, ideally no more than two pages long.