Do you want to support us to scale up solutions to the world’s most pressing social needs? Interested in working in an innovative, flexible and dynamic team? We’re seeking a Senior Consultant to join our UK office. Spring Impact (formerly known as The International Centre for Social Franchising) is an organisation with a bold social mission – our vision is a world
where social problems are addressed at scale. We work with social impact projects around the world that are doing truly transformative work, developing the strategic plans, systems and the processes they need to become scalable and reach many more people. Spring Impact is a registered charity, but one that operates with bags of entrepreneurial drive.
We are innovative, imaginative and highly skilled in doing a lot with a little. The team you will be joining are an exceptional bunch who have chosen to focus their talents on scaling social impact.
As a Senior Consultant, you are a trusted, and seasoned advisor to our clients. You will lead client relationships and produce high-quality analyses to ensure their effective engagement. You will manage a diverse portfolio of mainly national and some international projects, across sectors from healthcare and homelessness to education and humanitarian aid; typically working on 4-5 client projects at once. As we work collaboratively with our clients and really take the time to get to know them; you will have the opportunity to travel across the UK and internationally to meet them wherever they are based. You will apply your critical thinking and problem-solving skills to help our clients determine how they can best scale their impact.
Required Skills and Experience:
Lead and deliver consulting projects with clients. Senior Consultants typically:
- Are responsible for project delivery to time, budget and quality
- Drive analysis and client recommendations at both strategic and operational levels
- Facilitate workshops with senior level clients to make strategic decisions
- Lead day-to-day contact with clients
- Are responsible for project outputs such as reports, financial models, implementation plans
- Provide guidance and direction to Consultants to complete project outputs
- Provide accurate status reports to Directors and Managing Consultants, highlighting project risks and identifying potential solutions
- Develop compelling client proposals for new clients, public tenders and follow-on work with existing clients, including structuring activities, budgets and developing a winning narrative
- Support with internal activities that contribute to Spring Impact’s overall mission and strategy which can involve a range of things such as writing blogs, support our monitoring and evaluation processes and codifying
The above role description can be modified to cover more complex tasks/further responsibility, so if you have experience that you think may be helpful, please do let us know.
Experience Required and Key Competencies
- Project management
- Critical thinking
- Effective written communications
- Effective verbal communications
- Time management
- Attention to Detail
- Personal drive and ability to take initiative
- Effective teamwork
- Guidance and support for junior project team members
- Use of MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Educated to degree level
- 3-4 years experience of working in an office environment
- Personal commitment to the social sector
It is desirable for you to have:
- Workshop facilitation experience
- Previous consultancy experience
- Experience in a relevant sector i.e. public or social
- Salary: Starting at £36,200 per annum. Salary may be negotiable dependent on previous consultancy experience
- Work location is Kings Cross, London, but you will likely be required to travel domestically and internationally for client projects (~25-30%)
- Starting as soon as possible
- You will need existing permission to work in the UK.
Deadline and Interview Dates
Deadline for application: Monday 5th November, 8.00am
Phone/Skype interviews: Thursday 15th – Tuesday 20th November
In person interviews: Tuesday 27th– Wednesday 28th November
To Make an Application
To make an application please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following two attached documents:
1. A covering letter that:
• Addresses all the points in the role description and experience required
• Explains why you are the right person for the role
• Outlines where you heard about the job and when you could start
2. An up-to-date CV, ideally no more than two pages long.