Spring Impact (formerly known as The International Centre for Social Franchising) is an organisation with a bold social mission.
We work with social impact projects around the world that are doing truly transformative work, developing the plans, the systems and the processes they need in order to become scalable and reach many more people.
Spring Impact is a registered charity, but one that operates with bags of entrepreneurial drive. We are innovative, imaginative and highly skilled in doing a lot with a little. The team you will be joining are an exceptional bunch who have been drawn from highly successful careers in a variety of fields and who have chosen to focus their talents on scaling social impact.
The Spring Impact Managing Consultant will be passionate about helping our clients to scale their impact. Using their analytical skills, they will get to the heart of our client’s challenges and help them develop creative solutions to them.
By leading delivery of Spring Impact’s projects, Managing Consultants are directly responsible for supporting clients to scale and achieve our impact goal. They drive analysis and recommendations for clients, and are responsible for getting the best out of all team members. They secure Spring Impact’s future by being a role model for and developing more junior staff into highly productive team members.
Spring Impact Managing Consultants will manage a portfolio of programmes, leading day-to-day contact with clients, and provide detailed guidance and direction to their teams, building on their strengths and motivations. Managing Consultants typically spend 60% of their time leading client facing work, with their remaining time spent working on internal projects, supporting business development and taking part in line management activities.
The attached job description outlines key responsibilities in further detail.
Required skills and experience:
- Critical thinking
- Project management
- Workshop facilitation
- Client relationship management
- Business development
- Effective written communications
- Effective verbal communications
- Decision making
- Time management
- Educated to degree level
- Use of MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Previous consulting experience
- Line management experience
- Salary: £50,000 per annum. Salary may be negotiable dependent on previous consultancy experience
- Work location is Kings Cross, London with the potential for international travel
- Starting from September 2018
- Spring Impact would consider sponsoring visas for exceptional candidates
Deadline and interview dates
Deadline for application: Sunday 18th August 2018, midnight
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a telephone interview. A smaller shortlist will then be invited to a face to face assessment day held in London. These will take place between late August to mid-September, dates to be confirmed.
To make an application
To make an application please email your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The written application for a role should include:
- An up to date CV/resume of no more than 3 pages
- A supporting statement of no more than 2 pages that sets out:
- Your understanding of Spring Impact’s mission and purpose and what, therefore, attracts you to the organisation
- The respects in which your previous experience offers a good fit for the role with specific reference to the job description provided
- The respects in which you fulfil elements of the person specification provided
- Details of three referees – please note that references would only be taken up immediately ahead of an offer being made and with your prior knowledge.
- Details of how you heard about the job and possible start date.
Read the full job description and person specification below.